Canonbury sentence example
- At the age of eighteen, on the 25th of February 1639, he married Margaret, daughter of Lord Coventry, with whom he and his wife lived at Durham House in the Strand, and at Canonbury House in Islington.
- The name is commonly applied to the southern part of the borough, which, however, includes the districts of Holloway in the north, Highbury in the east, part of Kingsland in the south-east, and Barnsbury and Canonbury in the south-central portion.
- The districts included preserve the names of ancient manors, and in Canonbury, which belonged as early as the 13th century to the priory of St Bartholomew, Smithfield, traces of the old manor house remain.
- Young Chamberlain was educated at Canonbury from 1845 to 1850, and at University College school, London, from 1850 to 1852.
- The main streets of interest are Upper Street, Canonbury Lane and the rather raunchy Essex Road.Advertisement