Canon regular sentence example
- THOMAS WYKES, English chronicler, was a canon regular of Oseney Abbey, near Oxford.
- The bishop induced his canons to follow the Rule of St Augustine and thus make themselves Augustinian Canons; and so Dominic became a canon regular and soon the prior or provost of the cathedral community.
- 1555), bishop of St David's and martyr, born about the end of the 15th century of a Yorkshire family, is said to have been educated at Cambridge, whence he proceeded to Oxford and became a canon regular of St Augustine.
- Returning to Italy he became a canon regular.
- While canon regular and librarian of the abbey of St Genevieve at Paris, he conducted a correspondence with Archbishop Wake on the subject of episcopal succession in England, which supplied him with material for his work, Dissertation sur la validite des ordinations des Anglais et sur la succession des eveques de l'Eglise anglicane, avec les preuves justificatives des faits avances (Brussels, 1723; Eng.Advertisement