Cannanore sentence example
- The Dutch company opened up a profitable trade with Japan and China, and prosecuted the war against Portugal with great vigour, invading Portuguese India and capturing Point de Galle in 1640, Malacca in 1641, Cochin and Cannanore in 1663.
- Cannanore >>
- He formed an alliance with the rajas of Cochin and Cannanore against the zamorin of Calicut, and bombarded the latter in his palace.
- CANNANORE, or Kananore, a town of British India, in the Malabar district of Madras, on the coast, 58 m.
- Cannanore belonged to the Kalahasti or Cherakal rajas till the invasion of Malabar by Hyder Ali.Advertisement
- In `1783 Cannanore was captured by the British, and the reigning princess became tributary to the East India Company.
- Cannanore is the headquarters of a military division.