Candlish sentence example
- ROBERT SMITH CANDLISH (1806-1873), Scottish divine, was born at Edinburgh on the 23rd of March 1806, and spent his early years in Glasgow, where he graduated in 1823.
- From the very commencement of his ministry in Edinburgh, Candlish took the deepest interest in ecclesiastical questions, and he soon became involved as one of the chief actors in the struggle which was then agitating the Scottish church.
- As a theologian the position of Candlish was perhaps inferior to that which he held as a preacher and ecclesiastic, but it was not inconsiderable.
- In 1847 Candlish, who had received the degree of D.D.
- power was not displayed through the press, Candlish made a number of contributions to theological literature.Advertisement
- Candlish, D.D., with a chapter on his position as a theologian by Robert Rainy.
- Candlish, R.
- Candlish at Free St George's.
- Candlish, representing a moderate Scottish Calvinism, was half inclined to welcome the reduced form of Schleiermacher's basis found in H.
- Candlish (1806-1873), Dr Oswald Dykes (b.Advertisement
- Preachers like Robert Candlish, Thomas Guthrie (1803-1873), Marcus Dods (b.