Cancioneiro sentence example
- The preAlphonsine period to which these men belong runs from 1200 to 1245 and produced little of moment, but in 1248 the accession of King Alphonso III., who had lived thirteen years in France, inaugurated a time of active and rich production which is illustrated in the Cancioneiro da Ajuda, the oldest collection of Peninsular verse.
- The principal names of the Dionysian period (1284-1325) which is illustrated in the Cancioneiro da Vaticana are the king himself and his bastards D.
- elevation of thought and deep feeling, the Satyra de felice e infelice villa, and the death of his sister inspired his Tragedia de la rei g a Isabel; but he is best remembered by his Coplas del contempto del mundo in the Cancioneiro Geral.
- and King John II., so far as it survives, is contained in the lyrical collection known 'as the Cancioneiro Geral, compiled by Garcia de Resende and printed in 1516.
- The literary progenitors of the cancioneiro were the Spanish poets Juan de Mena, Jorge Manrique, Garci-Sanchez de Badajos and Rodriguez del Padron, and its main subjects.Advertisement
- However, some names appeared in the Cancioneiro Gerale which were to be among the foremost in Portuguese literature, e.g.
- Coming to special periods, the student may consult, for the cancioneiros, Mme Michaelis de Vasconcellos, op. cit., and her great edition of the Cancioneiro da Ajuda (1904); also H.
- The Cancioneiro de Ajuda by Mme Vasconcellos, is the perfection of editing, and there are diplomatic editions of other cancioneiros, e.g.
- Molteni (1880), and the Cancioneiro Geral (1846).