Canaria sentence example
- In 1540 he was nominated to the sees of Canaria and of Cusco, Peru, but declined both.
- He mentions "Canaria, so called from the multitude of dogs of great size," and "Nivaria, taking its name from perpetual snow, and covered with clouds," doubtless Teneriffe.
- Canaria was said to abound in palms and pine trees.
- Whitford (London, 1890, with maps and illustrations); De la Tierra Canaria, by L.
- At Canaria, the high land commences and continues as far as Tabatinga, and thence up stream.Advertisement
- caldera margin faults: Gran Canaria, Spain.
- Or maybe walk up to the crest of Gran Canaria's largest volcanic crater with a view to the south coast.
- Forming part of the group of Canary Islands, Gran Canaria is one of the largest and most southerly of the group.