Canaglia sentence example
- was slowly pushed back across the Val Canaglia, in spite of a prolonged and gallant resistance by the Grenadier Bde.
- For a long fortnight Dankl hammered at the line south of the Posina and east of the Val Canaglia, but could not gain a yard.
- and the XIV., its front-line division (the 32nd) taking over the gallant Grenadier Bde., which had suffered very severely in the Cengio and Val Canaglia fighting, and the 33rd being held in second line till June 7, when it replaced the 32nd.
- To the east of the Val Canaglia the result was the same, the Liguria Bde.
- The troops between Asiago and the Val Canaglia had very few guns, and even when sufficient artillery reenforcements were available Cadorna preferred first to strengthen his wings for the counter-attack that he was already preparing.Advertisement
- In the weeks that followed, the men who held at Passo di Buole and on Pasubio, south of the Posina and east of the Val Canaglia and in the Seven Communes, outnumbered at first and always outgunned, completely broke up the attack that had begun so well.