Canadien sentence example
- Later magazines were L'Echo du cabinet du lecture paroissial (Montreal, 18 59), 15 vols.; Le Foyer canadien (Quebec, 1863-1866), one of the most interesting French-Canadian reviews; La Revue canadienne, which was started at Montreal in 1864, and contained the best writings of contemporary French-Canadian litterateurs; La Revue de Montreal (1877-1881), edited by the abbe T.
- Gerin Lajoie Was A Mere Lad When The Exile Of Some Compatriots Inspired Le Canadien Errant, Which Immediately Became A Universal Folk Song.
- De Montmorency Laval, First Bishop Of Quebec, Brings Him Nearer To His Proper Themes, Which Are Found In Full Perfection In The Chant Du Vieux Soldat Canadien, Composed In 1856 To Honour The First French Man Of War That Visited British Quebec, And Le Drapeau De Carillon (1858), A Centennial Paean For Montcalm'S Canadians At Ticonderoga.
- Much Of The Mature Work Of This First Generation, And Of The Juvenilia Of The Second, Appeared In Les Soirees Canadiennes And Le Foyer Canadien, Founded In 1862 And 1863 Respectively.
- While at Montreal he had joined the Institut Canadien, a literary and scientific society which, owing to its liberal discussions and the fact that certain books upon its shelves were on the Index expurgatorius, was finally condemned by the Roman Catholic authorities.Advertisement