Canadense sentence example
- The Finland rappa-kivi, the Serdobol gneiss, and the Pargas and Rustiala marble (with the so-called Eozoon canadense) yield good building stone; while iron, copper and zinc-ore are common in Finland and in the Urals.
- Sir William Dawson's name is especially associated with the Eozoon canadense, which in 1864 he described as an organism having the structure of a foraminifer.
- A. canadense is the Canadian Snakeroot, which bears in spring curious brownish-purple flowers, the roots being strongly aromatic, like Ginger.
- Canadian Moonseed (Menispermum) - M. canadense is a hardy climber of rapid growth, having slender, twining, large roundish leaves, in summer bearing long feathery clusters of yellowish flowers.
- The Canadian form of it (canadense) is found in some gardens, but does not differ materially from the type.Advertisement
- These are D. canadense, marilandicum, and Dilleni, all from 2 to 4 feet high, with slender stems, terminated by dense racemes of small purplish flowers.