Camelon sentence example
- He established between the Clyde and Forth a frontier meant to be permanent, guarded by a line of forts, two of which are still traceable at Camelon near Falkirk, and at Bar Hill.
- They then fortified the Forth and Clyde Isthmus with a line of forts, two of which, those at Camelon and Barhill, have been identified and excavated, penetrated into Perthshire, and fought the decisive battle of the war (according to Tacitus) on the slopes of Mons Graupius.
- The principal structures include the burgh and county buildings, town hall, the Dollar free library and Camelon fever hospital.
- The wall of Antoninus ran through the grounds, and the district is rich in Roman remains, Camelon, about 2 m.
- Falkirk now comprises the suburbs of Laurieston (E.), Grahamston and Bainsford (N.), and Camelon (W.).Advertisement