Camelford sentence example
- Thomas Pitt Camelford >>
- Through the influence of the second Lord Camelford, the fighting peer, he was returned to parliament in 1801 for the pocket borough of Old Sarum.
- Lord Temple endeavoured to secure his exclusion on the ground that he had taken orders in the Church, and one of Gilray's caricatures delineates the two politicians, Temple and Camelford, playing at battledore and shuttlecock, with Horne Tooke as the shuttlecock.
- from Camelford.
- With a certain amount of financial assistance from Mr Thomas Pitt of Boconnoc (afterwards Lord Camelford) he established the Plymouth China Factory at least as early as 1768.Advertisement
- of Camelford station on the London & South-Western railway.
- The correspondence of Lord Chatham, in four volumes, was published in 1838-1840; and a volume of his letters to Lord Camelford in 1804.
- His wife, whom he married in 1792, was Anne (1772-1864), daughter of Thomas Pitt, 1st Baron Camelford, but he had no issue and his title became extinct.
- His eldest son, Robert, was the father of William Pitt, earl of Chatham; and of Thomas Pitt (d.1761), whose son became the first Lord Camelford; his second son, Thomas Pitt (c. 1688-1729), having married Frances (d.