Camaldoli sentence example
- in Ischia, and Camaldoli, 1488 ft., west of Naples, are the highest cones.
- Similar summer resorts are situated among the woods above the Casentino or upper valley of the Arno to the east, such as Camaldoli, Badia di Prataglia, &c. Camaldoli was the original headquarters of the Camaldulensian order, now partly occupied by an hotel.
- (Bartolommeo Alberto Cappellari), pope from 1831 to 1846, was born at Belluno on the 18th of September 1765, and at an early age entered the order of the Camaldoli, among whom he rapidly gained distinction for his theological and linguistic acquirements.
- was carried off from Rome in 1809, Cappellari withdrew to Murano, near Venice, and in 1814, with some other members of his order, he removed to Padua; but soon after the restoration of the pope he was recalled to Rome, where he received successive appointments as vicar-general of the Camaldoli, councillor of the Inquisition, prefect of the Propaganda, and Pxaminer of bishops.
- Among the Dominicans, Carmelites, Augustinians, &c., the superior was called Praepositus, " provost," and Prior; among the Franciscans, Custos, " guardian"; and by the monks of Camaldoli, Major.Advertisement