Calyptoblastic sentence example
- The calyptoblastic polyp of the nutritive type is very uniform in character, its tendency to variation being limited, as it were, by the enclosing hydrotheca.
- - Diagram showing possible modifications of the persons of a Calyptoblastic Hydromedusa.
- - Diagrams to show the mode of formation of the Hydrotheca and Gonotheca in Calyptoblastic Hydroids.
- Each such projection is regarded as representing a cup or hydrotheca, similar to those borne by a calyptoblastic hydroid, such as Sertularia.
- - Formation of the Diblastula of Eucope (one of the Calyptoblastic Hydromedusae) by immigration.Advertisement
- Hence, in a colony of calyptoblastic hydroids, the oldest polyp of a system is the lowest; the youngest polyp is the top F =most one; and the axis of the system is a false axis composed of portions of each of the consecutive polyps.