Calydonian sentence example
- Her husband, having accidentally killed Eurytion in the Calydonian boar hunt, fled and obtained expiation from Acastus, whose wife made advances to Peleus.
- At the Calydonian boar-hunt her arrows were the first to hit the monster, for which its head and hide were given her by Meleager.
- He took part in the Calydonian boar hunt and accompanied the Argonauts as their prophet.
- Pausanias asserts that the outer order was Ionic; but excavations have proved that it was Doric. The pedimental groups of the temple represented at the front, the hunt of the Calydonian boar, and, at the back, the battle of Achilles and Telephus.
- 41) the hunting of the Calydonian boar is represented on a fragment of a frieze from a heroum.Advertisement
- He destroyed sundry sea-monsters, set free the bound Prometheus, took part in the Argonautic voyage and the Calydonian boar hunt, made war against Augeas, and against Nestor and the Pylians, and restored Tyndareus to the sovereignty of Lacedaemon.
- He took part in the voyage of the Argonauts and in the chase of the Calydonian boar; but his chief fame is in connexion with the expedition of the Seven against Thebes, organized by Adrastus, the brother of his wife Eriphyle, for the purpose of restoring Polyneices to the throne.
- He was a great friend of Jason, and took part in the Calydonian boar-hunt and the Argonautic expedition.
- 4 Theseus is also said to have taken part in the Argonautic expedition and the Calydonian boar-hunt.
- Having accidentally killed his father-in-law at the Calydonian boar-hunt, Peleus was again obliged to flee, this time to Iolcus, where he was purified by Acastus.Advertisement
- Her character as a harvest goddess is clearly shown in the legend of the Calydonian boar, sent by her to ravage the fields out of resentment at not having received a harvest offering from Oeneus (see Meleager).