Calvus sentence example
- GAIUS LICINIUS CALVUS STOLO, Roman statesman, the chief representative of the plebeian Licinian gens, was tribune in 377 B.C., consul in 361.
- Gaius Licinius Macer Calvus >>
- GAIUS LICINIUS MACER CALVUS (82-47 B.C.), Roman poet and orator, was the son of the annalist Licinius Macer.
- Calvus was very short of stature, and is alluded to by Catullus (Ode 53) as Sala-.
- Valerius Antias, and C. Licinius Macer, the father of Calvus, we have only fragments remaining.Advertisement
- Such were Valerius Cato also a distinguished literary critic, and C. Licinius Calvus, an eminent orator.
- Of this small group of poets one only has survived, fortunately the man of most genius among them, the bosomfriend of Calvus, C. Valerius Catullus (84-54).
- 14, 9), and modelled his own oratorical style on that of Demosthenes, Cicero and Calvus (i.
- Gaius Licinius Calvus Stolo >>
- After holding this preferment for nearly two years, he exchanged it in July 1529 for the cure of Pont L'Eveque, a village 1 The family name of Calvin seems to have been written indifferently Cauvin, Chauve, Chauvin, Calvus, Calvinus.Advertisement
- Calvus wanted and Altolamprologus Compressorceps 19/12/05 No Above 2 " please needed, also any other tanganyikan cichlids considerd apart from frontosa.
- Calvus held a correspondence on questions connected with rhetoric, perhaps (if the reading be correct) the commentarii alluded to by Tacitus (Dialogus, 23; compare also Cicero, Ad Fam.