Calvo sentence example
- Vidal, acting mili tary and civil-political governors 1799 Sebastian de Casa Calvo de la Puerta, Marquis de Casa Calvo.
- Gubbio is situated at the foot and on the steep slopes of Monte Calvo, from 1568 to 1735'ft.
- The highest point (Monte Calvo) is 3465 ft.
- Calvo, The Republic of Costa Rica (Chicago, 1890), gives a partisan account of local politics, trade and finance, authorized by the government.
- The ascent of the Cameroon mountain was first attempted by Joseph Merrick of the Baptist Missionary Society in 1847; but it was not till 186r that the summit was gained, when the ascent was made by Sir Richard Burton, Gustav Mann, a noted botanist, and Senor Calvo.Advertisement
- For a list of the principal " concordats," see Calvo, Droit international theorique et pratique t.
- The Montana (hill country) of Burgos, and in particular the district called the Alfoz of Lara, was the cradle of the heroes of the Castilian share in the reconquestthe count Porcellos, and the judge of the people, Lain Calvo, the infantes of Lara, the bastard Mudarra, and Ruy Diaz 0I Bivar, in whose lives legend and history are mingled beyond disentanglement, and of whom some are pure figures of romance.