Calpurnia sentence example
- 98), and, before 105, he found a third wife in the accomplished and amiable Calpurnia (iv.
- 13); he exults in the devotion of his wife, Calpurnia (vi.
- BIBULUS, a surname of the Roman gens Calpurnia.
- Calpurnius Piso, his colleague in the consulship (67), he brought forward a severe law (Lex Acilia Calpurnia) against illegal canvassing at elections.
- On the lex Calpurnia, Corpus inscr.Advertisement
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso, surnamed Frugi (the worthy), Roman statesman and historian, was tribune in 149 B.C. He is known chiefly for his lex Calpurnia repetundarum, which brought about the system of quaestiones perpetuae and a new phase of criminal procedure.