Californias sentence example
- (i) The first case decided by the Hague court was concerned with the " Pious Fund of the Californias."
- de Savornin Lohman, who had acted in the case of the Californias (No.
- One outcome of early mission history, the " Pious Fund of the Californias," claimed in 1902 the attention of the Hague Tribunal.
- Ralston, agent of the United States and of counsel in the matter of the Pious Fund of the Californias " (Washington, 1902).
- The name California was at first applied exclusively to the peninsula; later, on the supposition that a strait connected the Pacific with the head of the Gulf of California, the name Islas Californias was frequently used.Advertisement
- Nuevo Santander (Tamaulipas, and Texas to the bay of Corpus Christi, founded 1 749), the several provinces of Nuevo Biscaya or Chihuahua, Durango, Sonora with Sinaloa, Coahuila, Texas (from Corpus Christi Bay to the mouth of the Mermenton in the present state of Louisiana), and the two Californias.