Calenus sentence example
- QUINTUS FUFIUS CALENUS, Roman general.
- He fought in Gaul (51) and Spain (49) under Caesar, who, after he had crossed over to Greece (48), sent Calenus from Epirus to bring over the rest of the troops from Italy.
- On the passage to Italy, most of the ships were captured by Bibulus and Calenus himself escaped with difficulty.
- 35, 38), who compares her to Sappho, as a model of wifely devotion, and wrote a volume of poems, describing with considerable freedom of language the methods adopted to retain her husband Calenus's affection.
- At the same time Sulpicia expresses the hope that no harm will befall Calenus.Advertisement
- Fufius Calenus in the senate.
- In 59 Calenus was praetor, and brought forward a law that the senators, knights, and tribuni aerarii, who composed the judices, should vote separately, so that it might be known how they gave their votes (Dio Cassius xxxviii.