Caillat sentence example
- The song she chooses is Lucky by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat.
- If you've ever really listened to Colbie Caillat lyrics, then you know they are simple, yet extremely relatable.
- It really comes as no surprise that Colbie Caillat got into music at a young age, given the fact that her father Ken Caillat is a music producer and co-produced Fleetwood Mac's Grammy award winning album Rumours, among others.
- The partnership between Caillat and Blue grew and the two, along with Jason Reeves, began writing and producing songs together.
- After recording a few songs, Caillat decided to post them to her MySpace page.Advertisement
- At first, the songs garnered little interest, but after a few months, Caillat had legions of MySpace fans and became the number one unsigned artist on MySpace.
- Soon, Caillat was signed to Universal Republic records and her album Coco was released in 2007.
- Colbie Caillat is probably best known for the simplicity of her lyrics, but that doesn't mean that the singer/songwriter doesn't delve a little deeper than the surface with words.
- Comparing those lyrics to a different song, you can see that Caillat has the ability to go beyond superficiality and catchy hooks.
- Caillat is still on tour promoting Coco, but already has her eye on her sophomore effort.Advertisement
- In an interview, Caillat revealed that she, Jason Reeves, and Mikal Blue have already written and laid down seven new tracks for her next album.
- In the meantime, Caillat has teamed up with the likes of Jason Mraz and Taylor Swift, so that should tide fans over for just a bit until her next album is released.
- Colbie Caillat is an example of an artist who would've been restricted to a career in coffee houses if it weren't for Myspace.