Caietae sentence example
- CAIETAE PORTUS (mod.
- The coast of the Gulf not only between Caietae Portus and Formiae, but E.
- Cicero may have had villas both at Portus Caietae and at Formiae' proper, and the emperors certainly possessed property at both places.
- Caietae Portus was no doubt connected with the Via Appia (which passed through Formiae) by a deverticulum.
- Caietae Portus >>Advertisement
- GAETA (anc. Caietae Portus), a seaport and episcopal see of Campania, Italy, in the province of Caserta, from which it is 53 m.
- The tomb of Munatius Plancus, on the summit of the promontory (see Caietae Portus), is now a naval signal station, and lies in the centre of the extensive earthworks of the modern fortifications.