Cahir sentence example
- Cashel, Cahir and several castles fell in February, and Kilkenny in March; Clonmel repulsing the assault with great loss, but surrendering on the 10th of May 1650.
- CAHER (or Cahir), a market-town of Co.
- But in 1601 he quarrelled with the lord deputy, who, though willing to establish Niall Garve in the lordship of Tyrconnel, would not permit him to enforce his supremacy over Cahir O'Dogherty in Inishowen.
- Charged with complicity in Cahir O'Dogherty's rebellion in 1608, Niall Garve was sent to the Tower of London, where he remained till his death in 1626.
- Major General Sir R D Kelly KCB Commanding Cork District inspected the regiment at Cahir on the 6th September.Advertisement