Cagniard sentence example
- Thenard stated that yeast was the cause of fermentation, and held it to be of an animal nature, since it contained nitrogen and yielded ammonia on distillation, nor was it conclusively proved that the yeast cell was the originator of fermentation until the researches of C. Cagniard de la Tour, T.
- Charles Cagniard de la Tour >>
- CHARLES CAGNIARD DE LA TOUR (1777-1859), French engineer and physicist, was born in Paris on the 31st of March 1 777, and after attending the Ecole Polytechnique became one of the ingenieurs geographiques.
- The siren of C. Cagniard de la Tour is founded on the same principle as the preceding.
- It consists of a cylindrical chest of brass, the base of which is pierced at its centre with an opening in which is fixed a brass tube projecting outwards, and Siren of intended for supplying the cavity of the cylinder with Cagniard de compressed air or other gas, or even liquid.Advertisement
- Such vague notions began to take more definite shape as the ferment theory of Cagniard de la Tour (1828), Schwann (1837) and Pasteur made way, especially in the hands of the last-named savant.