Cagayan sentence example
- The Cagayan river, in north Luzon, is the largest in the archipelago.
- In north Luzon is Lake Cagayan.
- It is grown most extensively in the valley of the Cagayan river, in 1902 the total acreage in the archipelago was about 254,470.
- The Cagayan river, which is navigable for native boats 160 m.
- The great bulk of the population, approximately 90%, is included in seven Christian tribes as follows: Visayan, 3,219,030; Tagalog, 1,460,695; Ilocano, 803,942; Bicol, 566,365; Pangasinan, 343,686; Pampangan, 280,984; and Cagayan, 159,648.Advertisement
- Most of the Ilocanos are in the western half of north Luzon; most of the Bicols in south Luzon; most of the Pangasinans in the province of Pangasinan, which borders on the Gulf of Lingayen; most of the Pampangans in the province of Pampanga, which borders the north shore of Manila Bay; and most of the Cagayans in the valley of the Cagayan river.
- The river is navigable to Tuguegarao for vessels of light draught; the Cagayan Valley is the great tobaccoproducing region of the Philippines; and Tuguegarao is an important shipping point for tobacco.
- The local dialects are Cagayan, and, of less importance, Ilocano and Tagalog.