Caecilia sentence example
- His wife was Caecilia Metella, who after his death married the dictator Sulla.
- The Via Salaria, a very ancient road, with its branch, the Via Caecilia, ran north-eastwards to the Adriatic coast and so also did the Via Flaminia, which reached the coast at Fanum Fortunae, and thence followed it to Ariminum.
- 4 For a very complete exposition of the operation of valves in the horn, and of the mathematical proportions to be observed in construction, see Victor Mahillon's "Le Cor," also the article by Gottfried Weber in Caecilia (1835), to which reference was made above.
- It was situated on a branch of the Via Caecilia.
- It lay at the point of junction of four roads - the Via Caecilia, the Via Claudia Nova and two branches of the Via Salaria, which joined it at the 64th and 89th miles respectively.Advertisement
- Current periodicals are Hollandsche revue, monthly; De Gids (1837), monthly; De nieuwe Gids (1886), monthly; De Architect, bi-monthly; Caecilia (for music); Tijdschrift voor Strafrecht; Museum, for philology (1893), monthly; Tijdschrift voor nederlandsche taal en letterkunde; Nederlandsch Archievenblad; De Paleograaf; Elseviers geillustreerd Maandschrift, monthly; Groot Nederland, monthly.
- After her immigration to Rome she is said to have received the name Gaia Caecilia.
- There was a statue of her as Gaia Caecilia in the temple of Sancus, which possessed magical powers.
- Tanaquil and Gaia Caecilia are, however, really distinct personalities.
- The anecdotes told of Gaia Caecilia are aetiological myths intended to explain certain usages at Roman marriages.Advertisement
- His mother was Caecilia, of the family of the Metelli, and sister of Quintus Caecilius Metellus Numidicus.