Cadoudal sentence example
- On Josephine's entreaties, the emperor commuted the sentence for eight of the well-connected men among them; Cadoudal and others of lower extraction were executed on the 24th of June.
- He went to Paris in August 1803 with Georges Cadoudal to head a royalist rising against Napoleon; but, betrayed by a friend, he was arrested on the 28th of February 18c4, and on the 15th of April was found strangled in prison.
- After the death of Cottereau, the chief leaders of the Chouans were Georges Cadoudal and a man who went by the name of Jambe d'Argent.
- Stofflet, Charette and Cadoudal, by using mild and just measures to complete the subjection of the country.
- The conspiracy of Cadoudal and Pichegru, after Bonapartes refusal to give place to Louis XVIII., and the political execution of the duc dEnghien, provoked an outburst of adulation, of which Bonaparte took advantage to put the crowning touch to his ambitious dream.Advertisement
- In spite of the defeat of his party, and of the fact that he was forced several times to take refuge in England, Cadoudal did not cease both to wage war and to conspire in favour of the royalist pretenders.
- From 1800 it was impossible for Cadoudal to continue to wage open war, so he took altogether to plotting.