Cadoudal sentence example
- Their chief man of action was a sturdy Breton peasant, Georges Cadoudal, whose zeal and courage served to bring to a head plans long talked over by the confidants of the Comte d'Artois (the future Charles X.
- Georges Cadoudal, General Pichegru and other devoted royalists had concocted with the comte d'Artois (afterwards Charles X.
- On Josephine's entreaties, the emperor commuted the sentence for eight of the well-connected men among them; Cadoudal and others of lower extraction were executed on the 24th of June.
- de Cadoudal, Georges Cadoudal et la Chouannerie (Paris, 1887); E.
- He went to Paris in August 1803 with Georges Cadoudal to head a royalist rising against Napoleon; but, betrayed by a friend, he was arrested on the 28th of February 18c4, and on the 15th of April was found strangled in prison.Advertisement
- After the death of Cottereau, the chief leaders of the Chouans were Georges Cadoudal and a man who went by the name of Jambe d'Argent.
- Stofflet, Charette and Cadoudal, by using mild and just measures to complete the subjection of the country.
- The conspiracy of Cadoudal and Pichegru, after Bonapartes refusal to give place to Louis XVIII., and the political execution of the duc dEnghien, provoked an outburst of adulation, of which Bonaparte took advantage to put the crowning touch to his ambitious dream.
- ii., and Remade, Bonaparte et les Bourbons, Paris, 1899), but after 1800, and still more after the failure of the royalist conspiracy of Cadoudal, Pichegru and Moreau, followed by the execution of the duc d'Enghien (March 1804), and the assumption by Napoleon of the title of emperor (May 1804), the royalist cause appeared quite hopeless.
- GEORGES CADOUDAL (1771-1804), leader of the Chouans during the French Revolution, was born in 1771 near Auray.Advertisement
- In spite of the defeat of his party, and of the fact that he was forced several times to take refuge in England, Cadoudal did not cease both to wage war and to conspire in favour of the royalist pretenders.
- From 1800 it was impossible for Cadoudal to continue to wage open war, so he took altogether to plotting.