Cacau sentence example
- The cacau is at its best in the humid forests of this region and is cultivated in the rich alluvial valleys, and the banana thrives everywhere, as well as the exotic orange and lemon.
- The principal economic plants of the country are cacau, coffee, cassava (manioc) called " mandioca " in Brazil, Indian corn, beans, sweet potatoes, taro, sugar-cane, cotton and tobacco.
- The principal exports were coffee, cacau, divi-divi, rubber, hides and skins, cattle and asphalt.
- The principal agricultural products are coffee, cacau (cacao), sugar, Indian corn and beans.
- Cacau (Theobroma cacao) is an indigenous product and is extensively cultivated on the Caribbean slopes.Advertisement
- There are two grades of Venezuelan cacau - the criollo or native, and the trinitario, or Trinidad, the first being superior in quality.
- The best cacau comes from the vicinity of Caracas and is marketed under that name.
- The plant is indigenous and grows well, but, unlike cacau, it requires much manual labour in its cultivation and picking and does not seem to be favoured by the planters.
- The exports include sugar, rum, cotton, hides, skins, rubber, wax, fibres, dyewoods, cacau, mandioca flour, pineapples and other fruits.