Cabrera sentence example
- At times he showed qualities as a guerillero quite equal to those of the Carlists, like Zumalacarregui and Cabrera, by his daring marches and surprises.
- Twenty thousand Carlist volunteers laid down their arms at Vergara; only the irreconcilables led by Cabrera held out for a while in the central provinces of Spain.
- The eastern and larger group, corresponding with the ancient Insulae Baleares, comprises the two principal members of the archipelago, Majorca (Spanish, Mallorca) and Minorca (Spanish, Menorca), with seven islets: Aire, Aucanada, Botafoch, Cabrera, Dragonera, Pinto and El Rey.
- None of them is of any importance except Cabrera, which is full of caverns, and was formerly used as a place of banishment.
- Cabrera promoted education, commerce and the improvement of communications, but his re-election for the term 1905-1911 caused widespread discontent.Advertisement
- But Cabrera held his ground, and even gained several indecisive victories.
- The chief sierras, or ranges, are those of Maria, in the north; Estancias and Oria, north of the Almanzora river; Filabres, in the middle of the province; Cabrera and Gata, along the southeast coast; Alhamilla, east of the city of Almeria; Gador in the south-west; and, in the west, some outlying ridges of the Sierra Nevada.
- The government was then able to expel Cabrera from Valencia and Catalonia.
- Such was the animosity excited against the French when their excesses were known to the Mallorquins, that some of the French prisoners, conducted thither in 1810, had to be transferred with all speed to the island of Cabrera, a transference which was not effected before some of them had been killed.
- She went on to date singer Ryan Cabrera, a pairing that was also featured on her reality program.Advertisement
- Simpson appears in Ryan Cabrera's music video, "On the Way Down."