C-4 sentence example
- Thus in cows' butter, tributyrin, C 3 H 5 (O C 4 H 7 0) 3, and the analogous glycerides of other readily volatile acids closely resembling butyric acid, are present in small quantity; the production of these acids on saponification and distillation with dilute sulphuric acid is utilized as a test of a purity of butter as sold.
- 'Bell, ' Ber., 1880, 13, p. 877); by distilling calcium pyroglutaminate: HO 2 C' CH(NH 2)'CH 2 'CH 2 'CO 2 H = C 4 H 4 NH+ C02+2H20 (L.
- Zinc dust and hydrochloric acid reduce pyrrol to pyrrolin (dihydropyrrol), C 4 H 6 NH, a liquid which boils at 90° C. (748 mm.); it is soluble in water and has strongly basic properties and an alkaline reaction.
- Hydriodic acid at high temperature reduces pyrrol to pyrrolidine (tetra-hydropyrrol), C 4 H 8 NH.
- If we use c 1 to represent the chord of the whole arc, c 2 the chord of half the arc, and c 4 the chord of one quarter of the arc, then corresponding to (i) and (iii) of § 70 or § 79 we have a (8c 2 - c i) and4 5 (256c 4 - 40c2+ci) as approximations to the length of the arc. The first of these is Huygens's rule.Advertisement
- Zinc and hydrochloric acid in the cold convert it into alloxantin, hydroxylamine gives nitroso-barbituric acid, C 4 H 2 N 2 0 3: NOH, baryta water gives alloxanic acid, C 4 H 4 N 2 0 5, hot dilute nitric acid oxidizes it to parabanic acid, hot potassium hydroxide solution hydrolyses it to urea and mesoxalic acid and zinc and hot hydrochloric acid convert it into dialuric acid, C4H4N204.
- - Data: radius=a; 0= circular measure of angle subtended at centre by arc; c = chord of arc; c 2 = chord of semi-arc; c 4 = chord of quarter-arc.
- The chief unsaturated hydrocarbons present in coal gas are: ethylene, C2H4, butylene, C 4 H 8, acetylene, C 2 H 2, benzene, C 6 H 61 and naphthalene,C 10 H 8, and the saturated hydrocarbons consist chieflyof methane, CH 4, and ethane, C2H6.
- Butane, C 4 H 1 o, exists in the two isomeric forms - normal butane, CH 3 ï¿½CH 2 ï¿½CH 2 ï¿½CH 3, and iso-butane, CH(CH 3) 3.
- It is the most closely related genus containing C 4 species to Arabidopsis.Advertisement
- Posada was arrested and found with 33 pounds of C-4 plastic explosive and given an eight-year prison sentence for " endangering public safety " .
- It can be obtained by the oxidation of uric acid by means of lead dioxide, manganese dioxide, ozone or potassium permanganate: C 5 H 4 N 4 O 3 + H 2 O + O = C 4 H 6 N 4 O 3 + C02.
- It is reduced by sodium amalgam to glycouril C 4 H 6 N 4 O 2, whilst with hydriodic acid it yields urea and hydantoin C 3 H 4 N 2 O 2.
- It dissolves readily in water and the aqueous solution decomposes on standing; a dark-brown flocculent precipitate of azulmic acid, C 4 H 5 N 5 0, separating whilst ammonium oxalate, urea and hydrocyanic acid are found in the solution.
- Zinc dust and hydrochloric acid reduce pyrrol to pyrrolin (dihydropyrrol), C 4 H 6 NH, a liquid which boils at 90Ã‚° C. (748 mm.); it is soluble in water and has strongly basic properties and an alkaline reaction.Advertisement
- Butane, C 4 H 1 o, exists in the two isomeric forms - normal butane, CH 3 Ã¯¿½CH 2 Ã¯¿½CH 2 Ã¯¿½CH 3, and iso-butane, CH(CH 3) 3.
- Posada was arrested and found with 33 pounds of C-4 plastic explosive and given an eight-year prison sentence for " endangering public safety ".