Birnam sentence example
- A mile south of Dunkeld, on the left bank of the Tay, is the village of Birnam (pop. 389), where Sir John Everett Millais, the painter, made his summer residence.
- It lies at the foot of Birnam Hill (1324 ft.), once covered with a royal forest that has been partly replaced by plantations.
- The oak and sycamore in front of Birnam House, the famed twin trees of Birnam, are believed to be more than 1000 years old, and to be the remnant of the wood of Birnam which Shakespeare immortalized in Macbeth.
- The Pass of Birnam, where the river narrows, was the path usually taken by the Highlanders in their forays.
- The third apparition tells him " Macbeth shall never vanquished be until Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill shall come against him.Advertisement
- The third apparition tells him Macbeth shall never vanquished be until Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill shall come against him.