Bell-like sentence example
- As the two lesser roots are made more and more equal the oval shrinks in size and ultimately becomes a real conjugate point, and the curve, the equation of which is y2= (x - a) 2 (x - b) (in which a > b) consists of this point and a bell-like branch resembling the right-hand member of fig.
- Cape Hyacinth (Galtonia) - A noble bulb from the Cape, G. candicans having spires of waxy, white, bell-like blossoms, 1 1/2 inches long, on stems 4 to 6 feet high, in late summer and autumn.
- N. physaloides is a pretty Peruvian half-hardy annual, about 2 feet high, of stout growth, bearing in summer numerous showy blue and white bell-like flowers, and thriving in an open position in light soil.
- T. grandiflora has leaves prettily colored and veined like Heuchera Richardsoni, and spikes of small yellowish bell-like flowers, thriving in any soil.
- S. Speculum, with numerous open bell-like bright violet-purple flowers, is one of the showiest of our annuals.Advertisement