Bazdeev sentence example
- The traveler was Joseph Alexeevich Bazdeev, as Pierre saw from the postmaster's book.
- His major-domo came in a second time to say that the Frenchman who had brought the letter from the countess was very anxious to see him if only for a minute, and that someone from Bazdeev's widow had called to ask Pierre to take charge of her husband's books, as she herself was leaving for the country.
- Of all the affairs awaiting Pierre that day the sorting of Joseph Bazdeev's books and papers appeared to him the most necessary.
- He hired the first cab he met and told the driver to go to the Patriarch's Ponds, where the widow Bazdeev's house was.
- Gerasim, that sallow beardless old man Pierre had seen at Torzhok five years before with Joseph Bazdeev, came out in answer to his knock.Advertisement
- Pierre knew that Makar Alexeevich was Joseph Bazdeev's half-insane brother and a hard drinker.
- The room, dusty and untouched since the death of Joseph Bazdeev was now even gloomier.