Bayuda sentence example
- Between those places the river makes a great S-shaped bend, the region west of the Nile within the lower bend being called the Bayuda Desert, and that east of the Nile the Nubian.
- ABU KLEA, a halting-place for caravans in the Bayuda Desert, Anglo-Egyptian Sudan.
- by the Bayuda steppes, E.
- On the opposite (west) bank of the Nile is the village of Metemma, whence there is a caravan route across the Bayuda Desert to the Merawi (Merowe) by Jebel Barkal; this was the route followed by the desert column under Sir Herbert Stewart in 1884 in the Gordon relief expedition.
- Leaving the Nile at this point and striking direct across the Bayuda Desert, the river is regained at a point above the Atbara confluence.Advertisement
- Ismail remained in the Dongola province till February 1821, when he crossed the Bayuda Desert and received the submission of the meks (kings) of Berber, Shendi and Halfaya, nominal vassals of the king of Sennar.
- The force reached Korti towards the end of December, and from that place a column was despatched across the Bayuda desert to Metemma on the Nile.