Bauschinger sentence example
- Lunar Theory (Cambridge 1896), or the work of Watson or of Bauschinger on Theoretical Astronomy.
- Wohler, repeated by Johann Bauschinger, Sir B.
- Wohler's and Bauschinger's experiments give values of t, u, and s, for some materials.
- Then Wohler's results for iron and Bauschinger's for steel give the following equations for tension or thrust: Iron, working stress, f =4.4 (1+10) Steel, =5'87 (1 +140).
- An important series of tests was made in 1883 and 1887 at Munich by Professor Johann Bauschinger.Advertisement
- As in the tests made by Bauschinger, the percentage of moisture contained in the wood was very carefully observed, and it was found that this amount of moisture has a very great influence upon the resisting power of the wood, the strength increasing with the dryness of the material up to 3 or 4% of moisture, at which point the greatest strength of the wood is reached.
- One general conclusion arrived at both by Bauschinger and Johnson was that the strength is much affected by the specific gravity of the timber.
- Bauschinger, "Report of Tests made upon Timber at Munich," Mittheilungen aus dem Mechanisch-Technischen Laboratorium der K.
- More recent and better adapted to study is Bauschinger's Bahnbestimmung der Himmelskorper (1 vol., Leipzig, 1906), which, alone of the three, treats orbits of satellites and double stars.