Baumrind sentence example
- The term "authoritative parenting style" came out of the research of clinical psychologist Diana Baumrind.
- Diana Baumrind's research has also shown that authoritative parents have been "remarkably successful in protecting their adolescents from problem drug use."
- Baumrind and others have found that children raised in the authoritative environment have a better opinion of themselves as well.
- In 1967, a psychologist named Diana Baumrind studied 100 children and their parents, conducting interviews and observing interactions in natural settings.
- At the conclusion of her study, Baumrind identified three distinct parenting styles; however, a 1983 study by E.E Maccoby and and J.A.Advertisement
- Based on the research of psychologist Diana Baumrind, experts have identified four distinct parenting styles: Authoritarian, Neglectful or Uninvolved, Permissive, and Authoritative.