Baudry sentence example
- Baudry de Lozieres, Voyage a la Louisiane (Paris, 1802) and Second Voyage a la Louisiane (Paris, 1803) may be mentioned among the travels just preceding, and A.
- The sermon was written out by Bishop Baudry, who heard it, and is to be found in full in J.
- BAUDRY, or [[Balderich, Of Bourgueil]] (1046 or 1 0 471130), archbishop of Dol, historian and poet, was born at Meungsur-Loire, where he passed his early days.
- Baudry's prose works are more important.
- This is a history in four books, the material for which was mainly drawn from the anonymous Gesta Francorum, but some valuable information has been added by Baudry.Advertisement
- Other works probably by Baudry are Epistola ad Fiscannenses monachos, a description of the monastery of Fecamp; Vita Roberti de Arbrissello; Vita S.
- Other writings which on very doubtful authority have been attributed to Baudry are Acta S.
- Paul Jacques Baudry >>
- Mercie also designed the monuments to " Meissonier " (1895), erected in the Jardin de l'Infante in the Louvre, and " Faidherbe " (1896) at Lille, a statue of " Thiers " set up at St Germain-en-Laye, the monument to " Baudry " at Pere-la-Chaise, and that of " Louis-Philippe and Queen Amelie " for their tomb at Dreux.
- Consequently the position of the see was somewhat ambiguous, and Baudry is referred to both as archbishop and as bishop of Dol.Advertisement
- Baudry wrote a number of Latin poems of very indifferent quality.