Baudissin sentence example
- See Baudissin in Theolog.
- Baudissin's Studien zur semitischen Religionsgeschichte (1876) is still valuable.
- In its earlier form this opinion rested chiefly on certain misinterpreted testimonies in Greek authors about a god 'Iaco, and was conclusively refuted by Baudissin; recent adherents of the theory build more largely on the occurrence in various parts of this territory of proper names of persons ' See Hebrew Religion.
- Baudissin, Geschichte des Alttestamentlichen Priesterthums, 142 seq.
- For about three centuries it was called Baudissin (Bautzen), from the name of its principal fortress.Advertisement
- In 1253 it passed to the margrave of Brandenburg, and about the same time it was divided into an eastern and a western part, Baudissin proper and Gorlitz.
- Baudissin (Herzog-Hauck, RealencyklopÃdie) notes that Hades and Abaddon in Rabbinic writings are employed as personal names, just as shemayya in Dan.
- Baudissin (Herzog-Hauck, Realencyklopddie) prefers to derive it from ish, to drive, set in motion; whence ish-min, driving, impetuous.
- Baudissin (Herzog-Hauck, RealencyklopÃƒdie) notes that Hades and Abaddon in Rabbinic writings are employed as personal names, just as shemayya in Dan.