Bathra sentence example
- So also the Talmud (in Baba bathra, 14.2), nor can it be supposed that Josephus in his enumeration (c. i.
- This position corresponds to the Jewish practice of reading the book at the feast of Pentecost; Spanish MSS., however, place it at the head of the Megilloth; and the Talmud (Baba Bathra, 14b) gives it the first place among all the Hagiographa.
- Bathra (Aram.
- 17), which is, in fact, the name in the Talmud (Baba Bathra 15a) and other Jewish writings; and it was known as such to the Fathers (Jerome, Cinoth).
- 16b: " If one says, take the mote from thy eye, he answers, take the beam from thy eye "); it seems to have been a popular saying (see Baba Bathra, 15b).Advertisement
- 8), instead of the Synagogal twenty-four (see Baba Bathra 14b).