Batanaea sentence example
- After the defeat of Scopas, Antiochus gained Batanaea and Samaria and Abila and Gadara, and a little later those of the Jews who live round the Temple called Jerusalem adhered to him."
- Philip, who had been left in charge of Palestine pending the decision and had won the respect of Varus, became tetrarch of Batanaea, Trachonitis and Auranitis, with ioo talents.
- 37 Caligula, having ascended the throne, heaped wealth and favours upon Agrippa, set a royal diadem upon his head and gave him the tetrarchy of Batanaea and Trachonitis, which Philip, the son of Herod the Great, had formerly possessed.
- 6.3) enumerates four provinces of Bashan, Gaulanitis, Trachonitis, Auranitis and Batanaea.
- 1 as in the territory of Philip the tetrarch) adjoined the territory of Damascus, Auranitis and Batanaea.Advertisement
- The fourth province, Batanaea, which still is remembered in the name `Ard el-Bathaniyeh, lies east of the Leja and the Hauran plain, and includes the Jebel ed-Druz or Hauran mountain.
- After his victory he took formal possession of Batanaea, Samaria, Abila and Gadara; " and after a little the Jews who dwelt round about the shrine called Jerusalem came over to him " (Polyb.
- In 353 we find a church of St Sergius at Eitha, in Batanaea (Waddington, Inscriptions de Syrie, n.