Bataille sentence example
- Stirling Maxwell, Don John of Austria (1883); and Jurien de la Graviere, La Guerre de Chypre la bataille de Lepanto (1888).
- As the diplomatic crisis approached, spies were sent into Prussia, and simultaneously with the orders for preliminary concentration the marshals received private instructions, the pith of which cannot be better expressed than in the following two quotations from Napoleon's correspondence: " Mon intention est de concentrer toutes mes forces sur l'extremite de ma droite en laissant tout l'espace entre le Rhin et Bamberg entierement degarni, de maniere a avoir pres de 200,000 hommes reunis sur un meme champ de bataille; mes premieres marches menacent le coeur de la monarchie prussienne " (No.
- Two other poems are consecrated to his later exploits, La Bataille Loquifer, the work of a French Sicilian poet, Jendeu de Brie (fl.
- "Felix Henry BATAILLE (1872-), French poet and playwright, was born at Nimes April 4 1872, and was educated at the lycee Henri IV.
- Ndrdlingen, therefore, is a classical instance of the unprofitable and costly bataille rangee of the 17th century.Advertisement
- "De la bataille de Dreux," &c. Occasionally the titles seem to be deliberately fantastic, as "Des puces," "De l'usage de se vestir."
- Bataille, Eloge historique de M.
- Lissagaray, the communist, offered him a position on La Bataille, and he became a regular contributor to the advanced journals, especially to La Petite Republique, of which he became editor-inchief in 1897.
- But it was not a bataille sans lendemain as the Serbo-Bulgarian convention had intended it to be.
- Choumara, Considerations militaires sur les memoires du Marechal Suchet et sur la bataille de Toulouse (Paris, 1838); Commandant Clerc, Campagne du Marechal Soult dans les Pyrenees occidentales en 1813-14 (Paris, 1894); Memoires du Baron Marbot (Paris, 1891; Eng.Advertisement
- Of the lines of concentration open to the Austrians, the direction of the roads and railways favoured that of Olmiitz so markedly that Moltke felt reasonably certain that it would be chosen, and the receipt of the complete ordre de bataille of the Austrian army of the north secured by the Prussian secret service on the 11th of June set all doubts at rest.
- The ordre de bataille of the 8th corps is interesting.
- His principal works are: Poemes de prison (1875), written during his detention, Soirs de bataille (1883); Jours de combat (1883); and Le Travail (1889); the novels, Madame Phaeton (1885) and Monsieur le gendarme (1891); and the dramas, Une etoile (1888) and Le sommeil de Danton (1888).