Bastable sentence example
- Bastable, Public Finance (1903).
- Bastable's works on International Trade and Public Finance; George Clare on the Money Market and the Foreign Exchanges; and A.
- Bastable, The Commerce of Nations (London, 1892); A.
- X.) 1 Professor Bastable calls attention to the interesting fact that the proposal of an export duty on wool and the justification of a temporary monopoly to joint-stock companies both appear for the first time in the edition of 1784.
- The English literature on finance is rather unsatisfactory; for public finance the available text-books are: Adams, Science of Finance (New York, 1898); Bastable, Public Finance (London, 1892; 3rd ed., 1903); Daniels, Public Finance (New York, 1899), and Plehn, Public Finance (3rd ed., New York, 1909).Advertisement
- See also Siedler, Budget and Budgetrecht (1885); Sendel, Ober Budgetrecht (1890); Besson, Le Controle des budgets en France et a l'etranger (1899) Bastable, Public Finance (3rd ed., 1903); Eugene E.
- The following short list of authors may be useful to the student: - Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations; Ricardo-M'Culloch, Principles of Taxation; Mill, Principles of Political Economy; Bastable, Public Finance; E.
- Discussion proceeded hotly on the merits of a preferential tariff, and on August 15th a manifesto appeared against it signed by fourteen professors or lecturers on political economy, including Mr Leonard Courtney, Professor Edgeworth, Professor Marshall, Professor Bastable, Professor Smart, Professor J.