Bassville sentence example
- Nicolas Jean Hugon de Bassville >>
- In 1793 Hugon de Bassville, a diplomatic agent of France, was murdered at Rome, a deed not avenged until the Italian victories of Bonaparte.
- BASSVILLE, or [[Basseville, Nicolas Jean Hugon De]] (d.
- This enraged the Roman populace; a riot broke out on the 13th of January 1793, and Bassville, who was driving with his family to the Corso, was dragged from his carriage and so roughly handled that he died.
- In 1797 by an article of the treaty of Tolentino the papal government agreed to pay compensation to Bassville's family.Advertisement