Bassus sentence example
- Amongst these may be mentioned Virgil, the epic poet Ponticus, Bassus (probably the iambic poet of the name), and at a later period Ovid.
- The Bellum Germanicum of Bassus, which is commended, may have been either a separate work or a section of his general history.
- The tragedy of the Ides of March saved Mesopatamia and the East from a great campaign by Julius Caesar, and it was at the hands of Ventidius Bassus, and west of the Euphrates, at Gindarus (north east of Antioch), that the Parthians received the check that put an end to any real rivalry with Rome.
- Annius Bassus who succeeded him in A.D.
- But it was easily repulsed by Ventidius Bassus, the lieutenant of Mark Antony.Advertisement
- The most important part of it is that which deals with metres, based on the work of Caesius Bassus, ' See Ep. ad Fam.
- Late 17th-century binding of limp vellum lined with gray card, inscribed ' Bassus Cantoris ' on the outside upper cover.