Bassi sentence example
- of Lucca by rail) is the principal village (pop. 1312), but there are warm springs and baths also at Villa, Docce Bassi, Bagno Caldo, &c. The springs do not seem to have been known to the Romans.
- Le Fatiche d'Ercole (1475) is a romance in poetic prose by Pietro Bassi, and the Dodeci Travagli di Ercole (1544) a poem by J.
- the villa of the Quintilii on the Via Appia, that known as Setta Bassi on the Via Latina, and that of Hadrian near Tibur, the largest of all.
- Bassi, "Apollo Liceo," in Rivista di storia antica, i.
- Bassi, Saggio di Bibliografia mitologica, i.Advertisement
- He went, however, to the university of Bologna, where his famous kinswoman, Laura Bassi, was professor of physics, and it is to her influence that his scientific impulse has been usually attributed.
- 305), bearing the title Ars Caesii Bassi de Metris is not by him, but chiefly borrowed by its unknown author from the treatise mentioned above.
- Bassi, La Leggenda di Aiace Telamonio (1890); P. Girard, "Ajax, fils de Telamon," 1905, in Revue des etudes grecques, tome 18; J.
- Guicciardini, Descrittione di tutti i Paesi Bassi (1588).