Basselin sentence example
- OLIVIER BASSELIN (c. 1400-c. 1450), French poet, was born in the Val-de-Vire in Normandy about the end of the 14th century.
- From various traditions it may be gathered that Basselin was 1 See Allgemeine musikalische Zeitung (Leipzig, 1834), Bd.
- At the beginning of the 17th century a collection of songs was published by a Norman lawyer, Jean Le Houx, purporting to be the work of Olivier Basselin.
- There seems to be very little doubt that Le Houx was himself the author of the songs attributed to Basselin, as well as of those he acknowledged as his own.
- It has been suggested that Basselin's name may be safely connected with some songs preserved in the Bibliotheque Nationale at Paris, and published at Caen in 1866 by M.Advertisement
- Olivier Basselin >>
- Patard's La Verite dans la question Olivier Basselin et Jean le Houx a propos du Vau-de-Vire (1897).