Basse sentence example
- The attempt Hood made in January 1782 to save them from capture, with 22 ships to 29, was not successful, but the series of bold movements by which he first turned the French out of their anchorage at the Basse Terre of St Kitts, and then beat off the attacks of the enemy, were the most brilliant things done by any British admiral during the war.
- In the, 5th century, when it attained its greatest extent, it included, besides Armagnac, the neighbouring territories of Fezensac, Fezensaguet, Pardiac, Pays de Gaure, Riviere Basse, Eauzan and Lomagne, and stretched from the Garonne to the Adour.
- He had already attempted musical composition, and at this period produced several concertos pour basse, in the manner of the violoncellist, Lamarre, in whose name they were published.
- Carcassonne is divided by the river Aude into two distinct towns, the Ville Basse and the Cite, which are connected by two bridges, one modern, the other dating from the 13th century.
- Dumas, which he designed under the names of ` basse et contrebasse guerrieres.'.Advertisement
- In 1697 a faction opposed to Hamilton secured his removal and the appointment of their partisan, Jeremiah Basse.
- The opposition in the two colonies to Basse became so formidable that he was removed in 1699 and Hamilton was reappointed.
- The town consists of two parts, the Haute Ville and the Basse Ville.
- The different types of technique include basse taille, cloisonne, Plique-a-jour and Champleve.
- Today we were heading even further upriver to the area of Basse Santa Su.Advertisement