Basil ii sentence example
- The town successfully resisted the attacks of the emperor Basil II.
- to Basil II.
- In the 9th century it was captured by the Bulgarians, and held by them until the beginning of the 11th century, when the Byzantine emperor Basil II.
- (COMNENUS), emperor of the East (1057-1059), was the son of an officer of Basil II.
- north-east is the old town, now called Eski-Shehr, given (c. 1021) to Senekherim of Armenia by the emperor Basil II.Advertisement
- Porphyrogenitus, but it is now generally bestowed upon Constantine, the brother and colleague of Basil II.
- Basil II.
- It was written in the reign of Basil II.
- About 908 the governor of Van or Vaspuragan was crowned king by the caliph Moktadir, and in 1021 his descendant Senekherim was persuaded by Basil II.
- Its first member known in Byzantine history is Manuel Eroticus Comnenus, an able general who rendered great services to Basil II.Advertisement
- BASIL II.
- In 991, and again in 1021, Basil II.
- On July 29, 1014, Byzantine emperor Basil II defeated the Bulgarian army in the Battle of Kleidion.