Baryshnikov sentence example
- She has collaborated with world-renowned dancers and choreographers such as Mikhail Baryshnikov and Pina Bausch.
- Both Mikhail Baryshnikov and Rudolph Nureyev wanted to dance with Balanchine after their defections but were already much too celebrated to comfortably fit into the company.
- One of his best-remembered roles was as a Vietnam war defector in Soviet Russia opposite Mikhail Baryshnikov in White Nights.
- While the life of Baryshnikov has filled many books, a short Mikhail Baryshnikov biography can give ballet lovers a glimpse into the life of this legendary dancer.
- Baryshnikov was born in 1948 in Riga, Latvia, which was then under Soviet control.Advertisement
- Joining the Kirov Ballet in 1967, Baryshnikov's career in Russia was successful from the very beginning.
- Seeing videos and choreography from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. made Baryshnikov long for a dance world where artistic vision was oriented on the future instead of the past.
- This is also what Baryshnikov did, organizing his defection during a tour in the U.K., and carrying it out during a tour in Canada.
- In the United States, Baryshnikov's career took off on many levels.
- While many top-notch ballet dancers fail to gain a public following outside of the world of ballet, Baryshnikov was able to reach an entire generation by working in recorded media as well as on stage.Advertisement
- In 2006, Baryshnikov founded the arts center that carries his own name.
- The Baryshnikov Arts Center currently has a very full calendar of offerings, which are not only limited to dance events.
- Finally, the personal side of a Mikhail Baryshnikov biography includes four children from two different relationships.
- Baryshnikov's ballet career was successful from the start, and his life story in the ballet world is one of the romanticized ones because it involves defecting from Russia.
- Where was Mikhail Baryshnikov born, and how did that place produce one of the finest dancers and choreographers to ever live?Advertisement
- The common misconception many people have about Mikhail Baryshnikov is that he was Russian.
- One famous American critic, Clive Barnes, called Baryshnikov "the most perfect dancer."
- Baryshnikov hung up his ballet shoes in 1980 to begin serving as the Artistic Director of the American Ballet Theatre.