Barreto sentence example
- (Madrid, 1869); Moniz Barreto, Revista de Portugal (July 1889).
- The city consists of a number of these partially separated districts - Praia Grande, Sao Domingos, Icarahy, Jurujuba, Santa Rosa, Sao Lourenco, Ponta d'Areia and Barreto - all together covering 8 or 9 m.
- Among the public buildings are several churches and hospitals (including the Jurujuba yellow-fever hospital and the Barreto isolation hospital), the government palace, a municipal theatre and a large Salesian college situated in the suburbs of Santa Rosa on an eminence overlooking the lower bay.
- Instead, the pope sent out Joao Nunez Barreto as patriarch of the East Indies, with Andre de Oviedo as bishop; and from Goa envoys went to Abyssinia, followed by Oviedo himself, to secure the king's adherence to Rome.
- de Graca Barreto, Documenta historiam ecclesiae Habessinarum illustrantia (Olivipone, 1879); E.Advertisement
- Excellent critical work was also done by Moniz Barreto, whose early death was a serious loss to letters.
- (1869), containing much undigested information; and Maxime Formont, Le Mouvement poetique contemporain en Portugal, an able sketch; but the soundest review is due to Moniz Barreto, whose " Litteratura portugueza contemporanea " came out in the Revista de Portugal for July 1889.