Barraconda sentence example
- The descent to the lower district is marked by the Barraconda rapids, formed by a ledge of rock stretching across the river.
- From the Barraconda rapids to the Atlantic the Gambia has a course of about 350 m.
- At Yarbatenda, a few miles below Barraconda, the river has a breadth, even at the dry season, of over Soo ft., with a depth of 13 to 20 ft.
- The Gambia is in flood from November to June, when the Barraconda rapids are navigable by small boats.
- No native craft of any kind was seen above Barraconda.Advertisement
- Two years afterwards Richard Jobson, another agent of the Company of Adventurers, advanced beyond the falls of Barraconda; and he was followed, about forty years later, by Vermuyden, a Dutch merchant, who on his return to Europe asserted that he had reached a country full of gold.